Originally Posted by Raisuli
The_Real_Hawkeye,

Since I value your opinion, and many scholars who have studied Kennedy's murder share it, please allow me to ask you this: if Oswald did not murder Kennedy, what motivated him to murder an Dallas cop in effort to escape?
I'm not TRH but consider this. If you were some sort of operative with a certain amount of knowledge of what was going on, regardless of what side you were on, and you sensed that either you were being framed or you were somehow at risk, would you not kill somebody in your effort to stay free? Oswald did not murder a Dallas cop. He was accused of that murder and died in custody. It was never proven that he killed anybody, Kennedy or Tippet. Oswald may have shot Kennedy and he may have killed Tippet. If Oswald didn't kill Kennedy and if Tippet was trying to murder him or take him in for a frame-up then Oswald killing Tippet was justified self-defense. The bottom-line is nobody is guilty of murder until convicted and Oswald was never convicted in a court of law, just in the court of public opinion-and obviously not very well in that latter.