Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
i shoot the 4x12AO on a browning T-bolt .22, and a remmy 541T.

as a comparison of the 2 scopes, to my eyeball the 4x12AO is less critical of head position/eye relief, but the 3-9 does look a bit better on trim rifles, and if its going on a rifle with low comb height it doesnt require the taller rings that might impede getting a better cheek weld as opposed to going with the larger 4x12....

i kinda wish leupold would offer a 4.5-14xEFR.

Missed this earlier.....

I agree totally on your EFR looks and eye box assessment, but I have no problem with cheek weld on 12X with my Classic stock and medium Talleys. I'd like to put the 3x9 EFR on the Stiller for a trimmer look, but have seen the same issues with a previous one, and the same with any of the past compacts I've had.

I just got off the horn with Leupold, as I had a mitt full of questions. First off, if you have them change the parallax closer on the 4x12, you really will lose it on the top end, maybe 100 yards max, give or take. Plus, they might only be able to go down to 20 yards. So there goes that thought for me.

I think I'm going to get the matte 4x12 AO fine duplex with the CDS turret and have a MOA dial cut for it, and hope that scope focuses closer than it should...fingers crossed....