Got back about 11:30 am. Went to a new woods. It was clean like a park. When i first got there,about 9:30 it was danged cold. Hadn't any more than stepped into the woods, and I spotted a squirrel. Tried to ease up on him, and he ran over two trees and went in a hole. Watched the tree for a few minutes, and had one barking his fool head off at me about 75 yds. away. Eased up behind a hickory and there he sat, in a tree next to it, on a bare limb. Brought the 10/22 up, and laid the fiber op bead on his head[it about covered it] Bang and about 1 second later thump! Walked over, and I had my first squirrel with irons in over 2 decades! grin I was like a kid in a candy store!

[Linked Image]

In case ole ingwe shows up, here is a closer pic of the head shot. I was prouder than a peacock.....grin. Almost did a happy dance....laugh

[Linked Image]

Went on hunting, and saw a couple more, but they evidently made it to a hole. Saw a danged chipmunk running in a tree top, and since this was my first hunt with the 10/22, and I'd just red headed a limb chicken, I thought I was Annie Oakley, and fired 2 shots at the lil booger. The bead completely covered him....and I missed! So much for Annie.....frown grin

Went on and found one on the ground moving around. Went to shoot and the sun hit the rear peep just as I shot and I missed him too. Shoulda quit while I was ahead. All in all a great morning in the woods.

maddog

Last edited by maddog; 10/27/13.