Decided to go for a hunt this am, since it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. Couple times I really missed the scope, today. Shot at one on the ground, heard a solid thump....lil bastid took off running, and I couldn't get on him. Went up a tree, and [unbeknownst to me] went into a hole. eased up to about 20 yds., and was looking the tree over. There was a tan spot on the side facing me. It LOOKED like a squirrel, but I wasn't sure. Watched it for 5 min. Next thing I know, the spot moved...dagnabit. Went right up to the tree, and looked and there he was deader than a hammer with his head and one leg hanging out the hole. No way to get to him, too high in the tree. I see another one about 25 yds. away. I move over a few feet, looking for the new one. Turned around and saw the 1st squirrel had disappeared down the hole. By now I'm cussing myself, figuring he slid down the hole and was laying there only slightly wounded. I went back to looking for the other squirrel. All of a sudden, I heard something behind me and the 1st squirrel came out of the hole, down the tree and was laying under a brush pile. I went over and gave him a mercy shot to the head. Man, I'd rather be lucky than good. Sides the lil booger didn't have to suffer a lingering death. What a morning.

Here's a couple pics of the woods. It's like hunting in a park.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And said squirrel.

[Linked Image]

What a morning,and it was beautiful in the woods.

maddog