I took Mr. Man (my 6yo) with me for opening weekend and we were able to get in a bit of both deer and squirrel hunting. I may have shot the dinkest of all 8pts! (more on that later as I still need to download some pics)
[Linked Image]

Yes, there are 8 "points" on that rack! laugh

Sunday was a bust for deer hunting with the wind and rain. So, instead I got out the 10/22 as Mr. Man wanted to practice so he can try for a squirrel. We played peek-a-boo out the windows, doors, and porch of the cabin looking for squirrels. There's a few walnut trees just off the back. I finally got a gray to sit still! Once the rain stopped for a bit, he asked to go for a walk to try for more squirrels. We ended up with 2 more, but should have had a third. I missed a "gimme" shot. Here's Mr. Man with the day's take.
[Linked Image]

After I got them cleaned we did some range time with the 10/22.
[Linked Image]
BTW, a CCI qick-shok completely blows up a full and vigorously shaken Coors! laugh More BTW, 10/22 slick stocks make it hard for youngsters, at least mine, to keep it on their shoulder. I'm thinking he'll have his own 22 of some sort before next year! wink Anyone make a lefthand 22 bolt gun for reasonable other than Savage and CZ?