Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

It would be interesting to get some sales numbers over the last 20 years. That would be the true tale of a trend during the Internet time line. I'd be interested to see figures on die sales each year, component sales each year, ammunition sales each year and rifle sells each year. Those figures would tell the tale, then we could have intelligent conversations about "trends". Opinions could be compared to facts.

I just saw these numbers. I can't remember exactly where or what order they were in, but both rifles & dies had the same 5 cartridges and IIRC they were: 30-06, 308, 270, 300 WM, and 7 RM.

I am sure JB has seen this and can confirm.

My camp here in Michigan as well as my observations out west (which are admittedly not extensive) confirm those numbers. In my camps around home it's mostly 30-06 & 308. I use the lightest rifles in my group (6-250, 257 AI, 6.5x55) while the 30-06, 270, and 7 RM were most popular out west.

It's easy to think that everyone is "stunt shooting" like we are here when we hang around so often but that isn't what I've observed among non-loonies.