prairie, yes for the most part you are right.. But one antelope took 3 100 grain Hornadys about the bottom of the lungs and never reacted.. He finally walked down the hill in to a little draw.. I was certain I was doing my part. Had a dead rest, all three bullets could have been covered with the palm of my hand.. Those could have penciled also.. That was over 40 years ago, and I did not look as closely at the wounds and bullet performance as I have in the last 30... I had at least one bad experience with a 100 grain Speer on an antelope, but it was at least 300 yrds. the bullet exited about the size of a nickle.. With the 257 Bee it was a 100 grain BTBT.. The ones I mention either ran and awful long way 200-250 yards, or in the case of the Speer, the antelope doe mingled in with a herd, and it was impossible to determine which I had shot.. That doe was on her feet for more that 5 minutes.. My wife timed it. I don't think I ever shot a game animal at over two hundred yards with my .22 cal. rifles, that could be why the success with them, and less than satisfactory performance with the others.. I don't know.. Maybe I have a jinx as far as those calibers..

Molon Labe