I hear the old crap about mag.s crippling game.. The best deer hunters I knew both shot 'em.. And they hunted by stalking, stand hunting, and making two and three man mini drives.. Both were deadly shots.. The worst crippler of game I ever knew by choice shot a .243 or 6mm.. Every year he shot off legs, hit deer in the guts, and after a couple cripples, he would finally manage to find one.. He last deal was shooting at bull elk twenty one times with his trusty 6.. It was getting away, so he used his last round to shoot at a spike, which he hit behind the ear.. The 6 pt ran over the hill out of sight, and dropped.. The spike was out of his area by just a small margin.. Fortunately the game warden saw the whole event from the rim.. And the clown was fined and lost his license for five years or so.. Shooting little calibers does not make you and excellent shot, or super hunter.. I shot game with every thing from 22 lr though the .375 H & H and .45-70. I used medium and small bores at times.. But when the chips were down and I needed and elk or deer for the freeze, I took the flattest shooting hardest hitting rifle I owned.. Many times it filled the tag, when the guy with a .30-06 stood around and said too far for me..

Molon Labe