this is gonna be kinda long winded but here goes.

I have a Glock 20 with stock length KKM barrel and adjustable sights. Football at 50 is very reasonable. I carried mine all season trying to get a deer up close to take a shot. Had one about 60 at fading light and didn't feel comfortable with the angle. Anyway I digress

As far as killing power, I shoot DT cast loads in mine. I finished a doe this season that was shot with buckshot and the damage was pretty strong. My father in law raises cows and a few weeks ago he had one that needed to be put down. He had already went out and shot it several times with his usual livestock dispatcher a 32 S&W long. He came back to the house and said he neded my help. Took the 10 out there and the cow looked as if it had not been shot at all. I placed a round right behind its eye and it slammed the cows head in the dirt. Blood was pouring from the hole like a fountain as well as out the mouth. Not to be graphic but after seeing the damage it did to that big cows skull, I was impressed with the power of the little 10. I own 44 mags and a 454 casull and I don't feel undergunned with my 10 with the full power loads. Its a whole lot easier to carry than the big guns and for pistol ranges I feel no need to carry anything heavier and for the fact that I shoot it well and I am confident with it. Im about to pick up a glock 29 for CCW.