Originally Posted by CraigC
Problem with the 10mm is bullet selection. If you're going to compare boutique loads, then it's best to look at Buffalo Bore's......No, the 10mm is not nipping at the heels of the .41Mag. It's not even close.

I believe this was directed at my comment. What I said was the 10mm with top end boutique loads can nip at the heels of factory . 41 loads. The point is NOT to compare top end 10mm loads to top end .41 loads for the .41 is clearly more powerful. No one said otherwise.

The point is that it is entirely possible to buy ammo for a 10mm that approaches FACTORY strength .41 ammo, especially when that factory .41 ammo is fired out of a 4" or less barrel. No one that I know says a factory load out of a .41 mag is inadequate for deer/black bear/etc. If a factory .41 works for the job, then a top end 10mm works as well. If you need a top end boutique load out of a .41 mag just to get the job done, a top end 10mm isn't going to cut it.

So what you have with a 10mm is a gun that exceeds the .357 magnum and CAN nip at the heels of some factory .41 mag loads.