Yet it is not force OR FPE that do the job. It is tissue and bone destruction, period. Secondary missile tissue damage and hydraulic overload damage to distant parts of an animals anatomy do not occur until the impact velocity is well over 2,000fps. Big bullets absolutely do work, one would have to be quite ignorant to debate that. But on some game animals, a quicker kill yet can be the result of secondary missile (pieces of bone, tissue, etc) and hydraulic pressures busting up distant blood vessels and Nerve centers via the effects of bullet velocity. This is why the fast .224's often give much quicker kills that a 45/70 or even a 30/30.

Probably the best description and explanation of this I have ever seen, and these results are backed up by experiments run by the military in the 40's and 50's as well as field observation of thousand upon thousands of hunters. A great read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock

Then there is the fact that a whole lot more people can shoot a 300WinMag better than they will ever shoot a 475 anything. I can shoot my 340 and 416 Rifles, but disdain a handgun above a 44 Magnum in power and recoil.

Have we sufficiently hijacked this thread?

Do any of the last ten posts by anyone have ANYTHING to do with the 10mm? Not much, I fear smile

But this stuff sure is fun!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500