I never paid much attention to kinetic energies, sectional densities, etc. I have always just gone out and shot critters.

HITTING a fast moving target that is moving not only horizontally, but somewhat vertically, as animals tend to bounce up and down in their gait, is far more challenging than the inexperienced realize.

That is why a higher capacity weapon is not a bad idea. I love my 44 Magnums, but sometimes in bear, wolf mountain lion country, having 14,15, 16 rounds on board for immediate use is not a bad idea and one of the reasons I carry a high cap big bore auto quite often.

You can still get sub .20 splits on a big bore auto, shooting heavy hard cast bullets. Knowing that possibly a good percentage of your hits are going to be on flesh, but not perfectly placed, it makes a lot of sense to be able to pull the trigger 15 times in 5-6 seconds versus trying to get even 6 shots off and dealing with magnum recoil. Odds of getting 6 320 grain cast bullets moving at 1200 or so FPS into a fast moving target in a few seconds are slim.

The Glock 10mms and .45s make a lot of practical sense.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com