For out and out power those Vaqueros if they are the original ones not the New Vaquero can be loaded up to dinosaur loads if you want the recoil in the 45Colt. I've got a bunch of the original Vaqueros in 45Colt and have a 300g load going over the chronograph at 1204fps but it's hard to shoot.

With the proper loads I think the 10mm will get'er done for the needs you mentioned. I would agree with the comment about the KKM barrels over the Lone Wolf and have a long brutal bad history with Lone Wolf barrels, KKM would be the way to go.

Many handguns have tremendous accuracy potential, the real question is can we shoot them up to that potential. When I see Hiccock45 shoot an assortment of Glocks and many repeated hits at a 12" gong at 70 yards and then hit again at 230 yards on a larger gong, I end up knowing that the limiting factor in duplicating those feats is not my handgun but me.

The 10mm in the Glock format is popular for backcountry users in the West for it's power and capacity. When loaded with hot factory loads or equally hot reloads it can be a great tool.

If the Vaqueros are the New Vaqueros I would look to the Glock.

Last edited by Redhill; 04/14/14.