Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
My friend, The photos on the gun in your first post looks like a fair to nice 'shooter grade' made in April of 1957.
Its all about what you want , do you want to be a collector of 95% pre 64 model 70's, do you want to collect NIB unfired since they left the factory or do you want a nice classic gun to fold a whitetail up every time you drop the hammer on the best factory trigger made?
Now it all comes to money, yep the all mighty dollar. You have to start here as the action,floor plate, trigger and mag box ,spring and follower is worth a smooth $600.00 to a guy that is going to build on it. OK your stock was more than likely cut for recoil pad, no biggie these old guys bought these guns to hunt and did not give a dog dam as to collectable value 40 years down the road .nice gun but its all about price. I have 8 30-06 and 270's I an going to shine up a bit to sell before next deer season. I would be happy to hunt with any of them , they will be priced very fair and all will get the job done! Some are just like they left the factory except they have been hunted,some have had pads added and one has been professionally refinished but each and every one shoot good and have CLASS! very best on a nice shooter

So winchesterpoor - are you saying the price of this gun is not far off for a shooter?