Pulling the Lyman 48 off and putting the Leupold back on - just don't want to go to a incorrect/higher front sight, etc.

Still trying to improve this gun a bit and thinking of buying a replacement extractor per sbrmike's comments. Finally pulled the firing pin and it looks like somebody ("gunsmith") did a little work on it too. I'm thinking that at some point an overcharged round or weak primer caused some havoc? Then someone kissed the bolt face on a lathe and messed with the extractor and firing pin to "clean things up". Note the earlier post where I found a tiny steel shaving in a corner of the action.

A few questions (thanks for any feedback) :
1) Would a factory intact bolt-face still have some finish on it and not be turned?
2) Could kissing the boltface this way have changed the head spacing? I've put 80 rounds through the gun so far and everything seems OK.
3) Should I be replacing that firing pin?
4) Anyone know what the spec for the firing pin hole diameter should be? The hole looks clean but it occurred to me someone may have reamed it?
5) Does this extractor look really messed up function-wise or just cosmetically?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gusb; 04/11/15.