Thanks sbrmike for the kind words and experienced feedback. I especially appreciate the "Decelerator" comment, I fabricated/welded together a base to mount my belt sander just to grind that pad. At least now I can do another at some point if the need comes up.

You have, I think, kind of hit the nail on the head. I'm always lusting after an old .375 H&H with a straight stock and aperture sight and that kinda skews my better judgment sometimes. I'm really beginning to like shooting the 30-06 and may put the Leupold back on and put the Lyman 48 in it's box for a collectable paper weight for a while. I think there have been a few negative comments about the Weaver mounts, I kind of like the look (reminds me of being a kid). Any advice on mounts (appropriate old, new Leupold, etc.)?

I wanted the Lyman 6W for that special ".375 H&H down the road" that may or may not ever happen. Maybe we can work out some kind of trade at some point. It seems in really good shape - what do you think "ball-park" value would be? Would one of your used extractors fit/function correctly without special work? My original still seems to function well enough, just looks like it's been messed with a little.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gusb; 04/05/15.