Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Gus, you can find very good condition used ones on ebay and occasionally Numrich or brownells. Usually they don't require much (if any) fitting work. They are easy to replace too. If yours is working, I'd keep using it. It will probably last for many more years. Also make sure your ejector isn't gummed up with crud. I remember you cleaned the heck out of that rifle after you got it, but it wouldn't hurt to double check to make sure it is clean and free from debris. Sometimes you have to strip it down a little further to get that gunk out..

Seems to eject better after reading BobinNH�s comment above smile I think the extractor could grab a bit better. I had thought I read something somewhere about some after-market extractor that was really high quality�

I think the gun/ejector is pretty clean but interesting enough, I was poking around in the chamber (with flashlight) where the bolt locks up and saw what appeared to be a piece of loose metal stuck in a small opening - right where the the barrel ends. Managed to fish it out with a small screwdriver and magnet (steel I guess) and it looks like maybe an old small piece of the extractor? Everything else looks really good and original in there (to my untrained eye anyway) so I�m not sure what kind of calamity could have happened? The bolt seems to function/lock up the same as before.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]