Wow didn't see that coming!! The extractor will fit. Do NOT change the ring.

You did OK keeping that Lyman 48. They are not all that rare; they made a bunch of them. The StaySet knob version you have is a much better choice for a hunting rifle, but most people prefer the looks and/or ease of adjustment of the target knobs.

Your Lyman 6 is a simple sight as is the 6W; they are rare hence the high price. You showed what they cost new. Lyman 48's are a much more complicated piece of machinery and cost a good deal more when new, but the 6W will bring more than a nice 48 because of the rare factor.

Read and ignore my previous PM's as that is water under the bridge. I kind of thought you may have cancelled the listing to keep for yourself. That Lyman deserves a nice low comb 375 H&H or a high or low combed scoped up model in any caliber, perhaps one with a G&H sidemount.

I have your extractor's twin, but could have bought 4 for that money there. I should probably put this in a PM, but want to make sure you see this: If you think you need to replace that bolt for any other reason than excess headspace, you probably ought to sell that pre 64 and buy a new gun with a warranty. Vintage guns like pre 64 70's were bought to be used back in the day, and they were used. The cleaner unused or slightly used go for over $1,000.00 - well over $1,000.00

If the gun has good headspace that bolt is fine, not perfect, but will work just fine and last a long time.

Well those are my opinions anyway. And you know about opinions, they are like something else that everyone has and everybody else's stinks worse than mine. Good luck.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member