Put the front sight hood on today and finished cleaning the 30-06. Went to adjust the scope variable back to the lower range and realized it would not turn. Looked like it was jammed into the tube/ring mount and I started thinking about recoil - the scope moving in the rings. You can see how much the tube moved in the photograph (compared to previous posts). The rings still seemed tight so I began to evenly loosen them to free the power adjustment ring and get it away from the mount. I had those off for the bedding job and had carefully put them back but was trying not to over tighten the rings on the tube - thought I had them pretty tight. Right in the middle of this process, I suddenly realized the front ring base mount (down on the receiver's tapped holes) was completely loose. The mounts had been tight and I had left them on when I pulled the scope. Those screws I had never touched, thinking they had been in place for years and didn�t want to over torque - guess I should have checked them. So for those later shots at the range at 100 yards (above) the scope must have been bouncing around all over the place. The rear bridge receiver mount was still tight.

Might leave the scope off for the next round to check the iron sights. Are the plug screws with stops from Brownells appropriate? Maybe going forward I should pick up some Torx screws, etc. for the mounts�

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gusb; 06/23/14.