Finally got a short trip to the range with the Lyman 48WJS. Went to the 50 yd with all sight adjustments set on zero. Using a 16 inch square Redfield target the first shots were 8 inches up at the edge of the paper and maybe 1 inch to the right. Everything grouped well so I started moving the shots/sight down into the center. A click or two to the left got rid of the inch to the right. All the shots moved down as expected until the site bottomed out on the receiver. So now if I hold the bead right under the bull (at 50 yards) it hit dead nuts - if I put the bead dead on the shots are a little high. So maybe a new/modified (higher/lower) front sight is in order?

I know this gun probably never had a 48WJS on it before and I think the current front sight is more or less correct, although it did come from eBay. The good news is I can't believe how well the gun groups with the peep. Any opinions on how to procede (new front sight, etc.) to get some height adjustability/flexibility back at the 48WJS?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gusb; 04/04/15.