Not much of a range report but here goes. I had replaced the scope after the stock refinish and glass bedding in more or less the same same place so I didn�t really expect it to be anywhere close. My son forgot to bring his spotting scope down so that left us with only my small Nikon binoculars. Started on the 25 yard range but my setup wasn�t even steady enough for even a rough bore-sight - fired 3 rounds (1st) that were closer than expected. Then jumped to the 50 yard target and fired 3 more (target 2nd). At this point (6 rounds) hadn�t touched the scope adjustments. Moved to the 100 yard range and couldn�t see much of anything with the little binoculars. So just played around a little at 100 yards without any adjustments to the scope - saved for another day when we can actually see the hits, etc. The Remington ammo seemed more accurate, the Federal stuff hitting lower and less consistent, but I should know more next time around.

The action seemed to work well. Loaded from the magazine without a hitch. Once or twice the brass did not seem to eject with the authority it should� most of the time it seemed OK. Any advice on how far the brass should eject and testing the extractor, etc.? Just had t-shirt on and I was a little surprised at the the recoil a few times, but maybe I�m just getting old. That black Pachmayr replacement I�m planning on may turn out to be more than cosmetic after all (on the bench anyway). Don�t really know enough to have a valid judgement but I was happy with the gun overall, my shooting skills being the main problem. I�ll try for a more controlled environment next time at the range.

Also found a front sight hood (see last photo) on eBay. Might look for original sling swivels or may leave them alone for a while.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gusb; 06/20/14.