Originally Posted by Steelhead
All I know is a pray to God I'm not around should the day come that absolute proof shows that Christ or Heaven doesn't exist. It will be UGLY, because I've met too damn many people that apparently the only reason to not do bad is the hope to get their heaven card punched. If that 'hope' is gone, there will be a bunch of 'Christians' raping/killing etc the countryside.

Interesting observations/statements and a predicition not simple either to argue, or support. However, the middle sentence reveals what would appear to be a devilish conflict for those described.

Avoiding bad acts, even trying to accomplish good ones, is not the Scriptural basis for admittance to Heaven. And the fundament of that key term "hope" has no Scriptural relevance to bad/good acts.

With regard to the Scriptural basis for Christianity, it would appear that the faithful have no doubt/concern about "the day come" and, on that day, those without faith will be beyond concern about subsequent events, no matter how interestingly speculative here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron