Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by victoro
CCCC,
"I believe that our God is omniscient and omnipotent"

Do you believe that God can smite someone who displeases him? If you don't believe God would smite someone who displeases him is it ok if he gets one of his believers to smite them? A yes or no answer is ok, please don't quote Bible scripture.

I am not answering in terms of "displease", for what it might take to displease God to such an extent, and what His reason might be for smiting, are beyond my full comprehension.

But - do I "believe that God can smite someone"? Yes, I believe that He can. He is omnipotent.

"Is it OK if He gets one of His beleivers to smite them"? I am not equipped to pass judgement on what might be "OK" for God to do in achieving His purposes. He knows that - He is omniscient.

With regard to your request, rarely, if ever, do I quote Scripture verses/passages in these discussions. If a discussant is knowledgeable of the Scripture, there seems no need to quote. If the discussant is not knowledgeable of Scripture, such a quote is not likely to be useful or effective due to contextual matters - and disinterest.

CCCC,
Thanks for responding to my questions. Do you think God would be displeased if a adult male pervert kidnaps, rapes and murders a young innocent prepubescent girl? Assuming God would be displeased by this act do you think God should smite the pervert before he commits this horrible act. Please don't say that God gave man free will and therefore God isn't responsible for stopping the pervert. Isn't God all powerful and loves children?

victoro, once again, I consider myself a poor judge of how God sees the individual behavior of persons, and what God should do about those acts.

You ask me to not say that "God gave man free will" and so one must wonder why you don't wish to hear/read that truth. Some of mankind commits really bad acts every day/hour/minute/second - which certainly seems to confirm the existence of such free will. On the other hand, we do not know of situations, possibly multitudinous, in which God sees fit to prevent bad actions.

That said, I feel that the crime you describe is a horrific act and know that I likely would be harsh in rendering punishment. But, no matter how much my reaction might align with what God would choose to do, any punishment I might render would in no way be Godly.

Life is characterized by choices, particularly about our behavior, and Christianity is characterized by even more and greater choices. Such is the exercise of free will. Christians are blessed with a Guide Book.

Last edited by CCCC; 07/30/14.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron