Originally Posted by derby_dude
Again DIVINE revelation refers to revelation by legends and mythologies. If one accepts natural observation as DIVINE revelation then one might as well throw the Bible in the trash heap. Are you ready to do that? If so welcome aboard as a Deist.

I don't know how anyone who has studied Christianity could be so wrong. You show me you don't understand Christianity or its sources. I have never met a Christian who believes divine revelation comes through legends. That is exactly why the apocryphal gospels are spurious.

Yes, Christians see divine revelation in nature. And Christians see divine revelation in the scriptures. But Christians see the supreme divine revelation in the person of Christ.

According to your flawed thinking, if we accept that God reveals himself through nature, then not only could we throw the Bible on the trash heap, we could also discard Christ. No can do. Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt