Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by TF49

Well, that might be your opinion but that is not what Jesus taught. This is rich, agnostics and atheists telling Christians what we believe. Nonsense.

TF

I have not seen where any one has said "You believe such."

Some of us have declared things we have been taught about Christianity. And some have mentioned things told to them by practicing Christians.

But so far, I have not seen where any has tried to state that a member of this board believes in any particular manner.

Well here is one:

Agreed, avoiding bad acts and even trying to accomplish good ones ins the the basis for admittance to Heaven.[/b]

Hence the reason a 'Christian' will never bat an eye when screwing someone over, or diddling kids for that matter.

The comment above is clearly not what Jesus taught. He does not know of where he speaks. His view or opinion may be that but comment to totally wrong.

There are more if you care to look.

TF

Matthew 5:20
Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.

Romans 2:6, 13
Who will render to each one according to his deeds. ... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

AS, I will take this in bites.

2 Corinthians 5:10 refers ONLY to the judgment of Christians. We will be judged "in a review of our works, for the purpose of rewards.

Now, you obviously did not know that. You may have assumed that the passage applied to all people,. It does not.

I point out that it is "rich" that atheists and agnostics tell Christian what we believe. You have made an error in biblical interpretation.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”