Originally Posted by eyeball
For those who depend on facts to prove Gods existence.

You mean facts that can be scientifically proven. Where did science come from? Did it come from man or God? If you say it came from man because there is no God, then where did men come from? Oh yes, an explosion that created life? How is that scientific. There is no proof. Science depends on truths that are predictable and repeatable. Show me. Recreate life for me. Then I will believe in your 'facts'.

Eyeball, I didn't ask for facts, I asked for evidence.

In scientific terms evidence supports facts, and large collection of facts support Scientific Theories, which is a well substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world.

So, to be clear, I'm not asking for facts, just evidence. If you can provide some real evidence, then perhaps we can work that into facts, and a Theory of God with explanatory power, but in order to do this, we need to start with some evidence.

As for the origin of Science, science is an outgrowth of mans quest for knowledge. This began in antiquity with Philosophy. In the 1600's we get "natural philosophy", which today we call Science, from the Latin for knowledge.

As for the origins of life, we have a Theory of Evolution, but not a Theory of Abiogenesis. We have some evidence regarding how molecules and proteins form, and even how molecules form in space. It's only been 400 years since we progressed past alchemy to begin developing chemistry and an understanding of the microscopic world, and it may be several hundred years before we have a Theory of Abiogenesis.

What would not be scientific would be to stop investigation this line of inquiry and substitute a Bronze Age Jewish sky spirit as the answer.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/02/14.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell