Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Again DIVINE revelation refers to revelation by legends and mythologies. If one accepts natural observation as DIVINE revelation then one might as well throw the Bible in the trash heap. Are you ready to do that? If so welcome aboard as a Deist.

I don't know how anyone who has studied Christianity could be so wrong. You show me you don't understand Christianity or its sources. I have never met a Christian who believes divine revelation comes through legends. That is exactly why the apocryphal gospels are spurious.

Yes, Christians see divine revelation in nature. And Christians see divine revelation in the scriptures. But Christians see the supreme divine revelation in the person of Christ.

According to your flawed thinking, if we accept that God reveals himself through nature, then not only could we throw the Bible on the trash heap, we could also discard Christ. No can do. Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation.

Steve.

You have just discovered the difference between a Deist and a Theist. The Holy Book of Legends and Mythologies has REVEALED to Christians God's Word and that a dead human Jew named Jesus is DIVINE.

Deists reject the the Holy Book of Legends and Mythologies and the Divinity of a dead human Jew named Jesus. Some Deists may look at Jesus as a Jewish rabbi with a pretty good moral code such as Thomas Jefferson, but that's it. Many Deists back in the day, 18th century, believed that if they followed the Jesus's moral code they could call themselves Christians. Hence, the reason I said I believed one could possible be a Christian Deist at least back in the day. I don't know of any Deist who would call themselves a Christian Deist today but there maybe be some that do. I know some who call themselves a Christian Witch so who knows.

Deists use human reason rather than DIVINE revelation for a religion and the study of nature rather than DIVINE revelation for theology.

Last edited by derby_dude; 07/31/14.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude