Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Here are two other reasons why it's a wise strategy for your side to avoid quoting chapter and verse.

Using the Bible to prove the Bible is circular reasoning and will do nothing to convince a skeptic.

In addition, there are many contradictions in the text, so a contradictory counter quote put you into the position of trying to explain why the text doesn't mean what it says. Once down that rabbit hole, against a good opponent, you will never escape.

A-S-, it is interesting - almost humorous - to see you say "your side" (as if there IS a side) and for you to talk about some "strategy". Silliness abounds.

Those comments would seem to indicate your belief that there is some contest - or battle - engaged by Christians in general against some other group(s) or type(s) of humans. That view reveals one who knows little about Christianity. Such a "contest" belief is absurd, and you flatter yourself beyond description if you think that the Body of Christ would choose you (or your "group") for battling.

Christians do have struggles and battles to engage, as directed by God. And, when we are wise, we never attempt to do the jobs that are the realm of God and the Holy Spirit. Some of our assigned tasks are battles, and some of them very difficult, but they are not battles against the likes of you - no matter how worthy a fellow you might be. Every day we do battle with our sinful nature in efforts to follow and perform God's will. Now, whose "side" is that?

Nothing you said addressed my comments. I made no mention of "side" or "contest" I just agreed with you regarding why the quoting of scripture was ineffective.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell