At the Campfire With Bill and Joe - Part Two

�You�re just talkin� stupid, Joe! The Franchise Dishonesty Act? Am I supposed to believe you? Besides, they must talk about other important things. You say they�re writers?�

�Yes Bill. One of the fishin� writers talked about red wigglers. The story was so good, I copied it down!� Joe dug through his duffle bag and pulled out a bunch of wrinkled up paper. �Here Bill. Read it.�

This was what it said.

Red Wigglers
by Fred Fisher

Let's take a minute to praise this extremely underrated worm.

There's a bunch of things that you just have to love about red wigglers. They make great bait, you can eat them and they make super party favours! Wrap them in plastic bags and give them out for Halloween. Use food coloring and dye them to make attractive decorations for otherwise blah food like liver or eggs. People on a diet and diabetics will appreciate the protein and lack of carbohydrates!

Their distinct appearance and flavor means that they can be used in a variety of drinks, as a garnish or as tasty hors d'oeuvres. Cooked or raw!

And, in one of the most famous cases of survival ever, a family of twelve from Tennessee survived for 16 years on a steady diet of red wigglers and white lightning. They discovered the benefits of the worm while crawling around on the ground after drinking the white lightning!

Given the quality of many of our fish species in this modern world, it can be argued that we're better off chowing down on a couple dozen red wigglers and steer clear of the fish.

And again, despite what others might say about outdoor plumbing, an infinite supply of worms is guaranteed if you start a worm farm around the outhouse. I've been screaming this for years. It seems that people are beginning to listen - finally!

Lastly, a small comment about dried worms. They are better for you than potato chips and are just as crunchy. Salted, they make a refreshing change to Cheezie Doodles or pretzels. With the water removed, they will keep for years. This is something that survivalists can really appreciate.

Next time you hold a red wiggler, remember to treat it with the respect it deserves.

---

"That�s the dumbest thing I ever read, Joe. I don�t think Fred Fisher is firin' on all cylinders! Let's get back to them bullets. The air bullets. If it's a huntin' forum, why do they waste their time talkin' about science stuff and fishin�? I don't get it."

"Look Bill, when writers ain't writing, they like to unwind. They're too high brow to watch TV. That is, unless it's got something to do with their work, like 'The Red Green Show' for instance. Instead, they like to mingle with other outdoorsmen. Swap ideas and things."

"Oh, I see. Like talkin' on the phone, only not so�um�spontaneous."

"Where'd you learn that word?"

"Watchin' TV."

"Well anyway, they hang out at 24 Hour CampFryer. Just click on 'Gut the Gunwriter' and you'll see them. My Internet handle there is Gutwrench Gus. You'll learn the rest in time. Just remember if you do drop by, try and be civil."

"I'll have a peek Joe, but they sound too high class for me. I'd feel outta place."

"Don't worry about it, Bill. There's some really dumb people like you there too. Of course, I ain't one of 'em..."

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]