When I was a student at Michigan Tech, we had an indoor pistol range on campus. I was a range officer for the pistol club. There was another RO watching the firing line and I was working in the office, getting a student outfitted with glasses, hearing protection, ammo, and a Ruger MK II. The student I was helping started talking about shooting his Savage 7mm RM. Said he had chronographed his 175 gr loads at 4400 FPS. I asked him if he meant 2400 FPS from a starting load? He kept on the 4400 fps tale, and claimed he had the chrono printouts to prove it. I laughed and said that any 7mm RM would likely blow the bolt out the back of the rifle long before it could produce 4400 fps with a 175 gr bullet. He said he'd bring in the printouts the next time he came. I laughed some more and said it doesn't matter, because that speed is BS. He tried harder to convince me; but I eventually said that he was either a liar, or an idiot who didn't know how to use his chronograph. At that point he left in a huff. He never did come back when I was working.