and laid there, and while we were crossing the
gulch he jumped up and took off again. He
hit him again and piled him up, so we got the
buck all right but that 139-grain 7 mm had
failed to do the job. It had cleared the spinal
cord for over an inch and yet it hadn't put
him down to stay. He was able to get up and
run.

It was this sot of thing that caused me to be skeptical of anything Keith wrote..clearly the agenda was that if the vertebrae and inch of spinal cord had been blown away by a 333 OKH and 250 gr whoosis bullet, all would have been well with the world.Sometimes I think he made stuff up just to get a rise out of readers....and push an agenda. Many of his readers believed this nonsense...I bumped into more than few.

Despite his knowledge,I found you really had to sift through his writing to find the truth...this sort of stuff in print destroyed his credibility with lots of folks.

Of course IIRC Keith had little education. And if you re-read that post, it could indicate that the bone off the top of the spine had cleared. It never said it severed the spine at all. ANd since it ran off, you can figure it didn't. Its very possible that the bullet only frag'd off a 1 inch piece of bone.

Which could or could not kill or paralyze the deer.

I"m not saying he didn't lie, but I am saying that its may not mean what folks interpret it to.

And it could be that a larger round/bullet may well have made the difference in that instance. Or not.

Of course if they'd have shot it in the lungs like you are supposed to, it wouldn't have mattered or required a 2nd shot.

Like I said I like some of Keiths theories. And its made me try some shots on targets that I though he was nuts, but you find that you could do if you shot enough probably.

Regardless otehr than a 270 I own I'd never buy a 270. LOL.

Jeff

Either way, this is how I interpret people like Elmer.

"Really awesome me took really dumb guy (so dumb I don't remember his name) hunting"

"Really dumb guy brought a POS 7mm which I have always told people not to use"

"My amazing abilities as a guide enabled really dumb guy to get close to a nice deer"

"Dumb guy's POS rifle failed to do the job just like awesome me predicted."

"Now everybody please SMD"

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house