2muchgun

Your "FACTS" and Paper ballistic along with your "Physics" lessons are skewed by false information (or a broken chrono), and the way the projectile performs. Your facts aren't necessarily all wrong, but they don't support the preconceptions the facts would lend one to believe. The FACT is the 35 does make a larger entrance hole, its exit hole is lacking and does not compare to the powermax hp 30-30. I feel the 30-30 LeverEvolution is better suited for Elk than the PHP if your rifle likes it. Your so called "laws of physics" kinda went out the window for me after a year of hunting with the 243 using Hornady Super-performance 80gr GMX. THATS A MYSTICAL COMBO.

I kinda start with the FACT of how well, or not so well a caliber performs,then work backwards. I limit my preconceived notions of why or why not a particular caliber should perform better or worse. It may not make any "Sense", but it IS!

You can insult me if you want but I hunt all game animals, all over the United States and world. Your Michigan deer ain't any bigger than certain Species of your so called "Southern Whitetail" from Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, Misery, and more. Your deer fall just as easy as the rest. I know, because I hunt your deer too. You would do well to learn the sub-species of whitetails before you term some puny.

I've killed about everything there is with both calibers, everywhere. From birds to 1,600lb animals including Feral cattle.

Both calibers are classics, and adequate for most anything within 200 yards but I still give the edge to the 30-30 from performance, to off the shelf shooting cost.

I'll continue to subscribe to your newsletter, but I think you lack enough real experience with the two rounds. I use it all year long, shoot them both almost ever single day.

I'll continue to use both calibers, but I can send you a few 35 rem rounds to use as suppositories if you'd like.

Again, Its a debate that I sincerely hope continues, at least another century. I certainly vow to do my part.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/27/14.