I have a 336 in .35 Remington....bought it more for nostalgia than anything else. My grandfather had the same rifle and it was the first centerfire rifle I was allowed to shoot. I managed to scrounge up 3 shells,and we put a Hills Brothers coffee can about 75 yards out on the edge of the woods. My granddad handed me the cartridges one at a time, and I pushed them through the loading gate (I was 11 or 12 at the time). With hands shaking, I worked the lever, and took careful aim just like I was shooting my Daisy BB gun. I squeezed the trigger (jerked is probably more accurate, as I'm sure I flinched due to the perceived recoil), and heard the big slug go through the brush behind the target, the can being unscathed.
I racked in the second round, took aim, fired, and had similar results as the bullet plowed through the brush. My granddad took the rifle from me and loaded the third round, took aim....and missed. We heard the bullet as it clicked through the brush behind the target.
I haven't had an opportunity to take any game with the rifle....I'll probably sell it come spring. I have a .30/30 Winchester 94 that I took my first deer with, so I guess that's enough nostalgia at my age. Not much opportunity to hunt deer any more.

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"