What a dunce you are. TKO values ? Yeah, I've read all about the theory and it's straight up unadulterated bunk. At least in any discussion of cartridge effectiveness on DEER. I'll give you a little insight on just how well it works. I've probably killed more deer with shotgun slugs and large bore conical muzzleloader bullets than you've ever seen. Despite their huge diameter and hulking weight, they DO NOT put deer on the ground as quickly as any number of higher velocity, small bore rifle cartridges, including the .30-30 and such flyweights as the .243 Winchester. That's STONE COLD FACT and you can take it to the bank. As far as the WRITERS who give their opinion on cartridge effectiveness in your loading manuals, {I have those loading manuals BTW and could just about recite those quotes of yours word for word from memory} I have serious doubts that they've ever shot a deer, or anything else with a .35 or .30-30 in their lives and precious damned little with anything else. Right now I earn my living as a full time pistol smith building high end, semi custom/custom 1911's. I spent years prior doing general gunsmithing and custom riflesmithing. None of that makes me an expert on terminal ballistics or cartridge effectiveness of course but 40 years of killing the living schidt out of everything that walks, crawls or fies gives me quite a bit of insight on the matter. In What firearms related field do you make your living and what qualifies you as an expert on terminal ballistics and cartridge effectiveness ? Your pretty good at reading books and quoting other peoples opinions but just exactly how much game have you grounded with the .30 WCF and how many of it's wound tracks have you compared with the .35 ?