First off, I haven't bad mouthed the 35 Rem, just stated the performance ain't up to 30-30 in some applications. You don't know whether I reload or not, you just know I don't reload for those two calibers because "There is no need to". Nothing you can roll yourself will add anything significant, and in most cases insignificant compared to some of the wonderful factory loadings availible.

Your problem with the whole thread is, I said something you don't agree with. If you are decidingly uninterested, don't post. If you do post, you are as big a contradiction as your 35 performance -vs- the overwhelming ballistics numbers.

I have to agree with Blackheart, The expansion with the 35 rem at those low velocities ain't all that, but the caliber is still useful and penetrates pretty well.

Again, I hope the 30-30 -vs- 35 rem debate continues for another 100 years. Its a good thing smile

If you wanna compare your numbers kinda apples to apples, then look at the 160gr 30-30 LeverE -vs- the 200gr at 100 and 150 yards. The velocity I actually get in my respective barrel lengths are 35rem 2115 and the 30-30 2325fps. The energy is fairly equivalent but the deciding factor in bullet performance is the velocity difference.

If the hand rolled 35 rem performs better in your perception of reality, so be it.

You make one outlandish comment after another. Your credibility is shot to anyone who knows wtf they are talking about. You all clearly haven't a clue.....

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/29/14.