Toot your own horn all you want, I'll educate you long before you educate me on anything related to bullet performance or ballistics. You may know more than most, but I'm not most. People who believe they know more than I beacause they earn their living in the firearms field are some of my favorites to debate with. Providing they are capable of logical, civilized discussion

So what exactly do you do in the firearms industry that qualifies you as an authority on bullet performance and ballistics, as you state? Do tell. And why do you not believe your colleagues at Hornady, Speer, and Sierra(to name few) when they put in writing, in their manuals, that the .35 is more potent than the 30-30?

Sales figures? Really? You wanna base your opinion on sales figures? LMAO. If you can't figure out why the 30-30 outsells the 35 in ammunition sales, well, I won't bother pointing it out for you. It sure has nothing to do with performance. Nice try though.

LOTS of cartridges throughout history that outperformed their counterparts but waned in the sales dept. LOTS. Being in the industry, I figured you would have known as much. Guess not.

Your numbers are flawed. But, if you must, I'll afford you your extra 300fps with your smaller diameter bullet of 25% less weight.

Being the firearms guru that you are, I'm sure you have heard of the Taylor TKO system of evaluating cartridge lethality. Right? Lotsa respectable gun afficionados believe it to be a pretty fair indicator of a cartridge's capabilities. Including myself. There are some others like it, and most give close to the same results.

Anyhoo, it takes into account diameter, weight, and velocity. Not just energy figures like most.

Your bullet at 2500ps has a TKO value of 17. Mine at 2200fps has a TKO of 23. It's not even close. Again, just numbers. But IMO, numbers that make sense and are on par with my experience with the 2 cartridges.

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/res...ylor.htm?bw=150&bv=2500&cal=.308

As for outpenetrating the 35 I will say this. Typical SDs for said bullets are .226 for the 150gr 30-30 and .223 for the .200gr 35. Nearly identical and NO advantage to either. But, the 35 is just bigger and heavier. Advantage to the .35.

You seem to like to switch back and forth from the 150 to the 170s depending upon which favors your cause. 150 velocities but then 170 sectional densities. Pick one, you can't have both.

If your 170s have a SD of .256 as you claim, AGAIN they are almost same as a 220 gr .35 bullet. No SD advantage to either. And AGAIN the 35 makes a bigger hole.

We can do this all day. As I stated earlier, you have 2 rounds with nearly identical everything, BUT, one is LARGER, makes a bigger hole and CANNOT help but do more damage. Cannot.

God forbid should one of these bullets hit bone and partially fragment. More bullet = more fragments =more blood/trauma. And the 35 still retains a larger/heavier core, in addition.

The 35 could shed about 25% of it's weight, send 50 grains worth of fragments in any given direction, and still retain the same weight of an unscathed 30-30 bullet. And would still be of greater diameter. I guess this is why the vast majority consider it the deadlier round. In some cases, tis is EXACTLY what happens.

Handload both to their full potential, and the 35 gains an even greater advantage. Not my opinion, but a fact.

Anyway, it's your story, tell it any way you want. Some 30-30 fanboy will, no doubt, believe you. Just don't expect me to. I know better.....