It seems to me if the .35 really was superior in any demonstrable way the .30-30 wouldn't have outsold it by 100's to one. To the contrary though, the .35 is nearly obsolete while the .30-30 remains in the top 5 in overall ammunition sales year after year. Perhaps the general public has known all along what you refuse to believe. The real fact of the matter is that 150 grain .30-30 loads run a solid 300-350 fps faster than 200 grain 35's. Due to slightly higher BC's in most makers bullets, they also retain their velocity better over distance. To say 300fps is inconsequential to bullet performance/expansion at this velocity level is asinine. Furthermore, the sectional density of 150 grain 30 caliber bullets at .226 is virtually identical to the sectional density of a 200 grain .35. Therefore, given similar bullet construction and expansion rates, would penetrate virtually the same distance in any given medium if driven to the same velocity. 170 grain. 30 caliber bullets, with their sectional density at .256 would OUT PENETRATE a 200 grain .35 if driven to identical velocity and given the same construction and expansion rate. We won't even mention the 190 grain Hawk soft point meant specifically for the .30-30 to give deeeeep penetration in the largest game. Buffalo bore loads those to 2100 fps in their .30-30 factory loads. None of this really means much except in theory and maybe on paper. The Fact is, 200 grain .35's usually run 300 fps SLOWER than 150 grain 30-30's and that makes a difference in expansion given same/same bullet construction, particularly on lung shots where no significant bone is hit. But is bullet construction identical as you claim ? Not hardly and one need look no further than your aforementioned "Core-Lokt" in 150 .30-30 vs. .200 gr. .35Rem. to see that. At this point you should be getting the idea that you're not going to "educate" me on the .30-30 vs .35 debate, nor on anything to do with bullet performance or ballistics. I've earned my living in the firearms field for a good many years {and still do as a matter of fact} and am generally fairly well versed in this stuff even though I really don't care to talk about it much. Oh yes, and one more thing. In my collection of recovered bullets I have one 170 grain Winchester Sivertip .30-30 bullet. It was shot directly into the brisket of a 172 lb. {dressed} buck and recovered from against the bone in the ham. Penetration seemed entirely adequate to me and the expanded bullet measures .66" so I'd say expansion was pretty darned good too. The deer didn't argue any.