I've two 30-30's Winchester 64 and a Marlin 30A. I also have a 32 in a 94. I just bought a Rem 141 in 35. I'll mostly shoot cast bullets in the 35 as I do with the others. I suspect the pre-expanded bullet in the 35 will be more of a quick killer than the others. Since I can get factory velocities out of the 30-30's and the 32, I expect to do so with the 35 also.
I don't hunt deer from a tree and never will so I suppose the distances may be greater with my style of hunting than others, but not that much.
Expermenting with different loads, rifles, and bullets is what makes this fun. If I had to use the same rifle with the same load all the time, what fun would that be?

Everyone has different experiences and that is why we have opinions. Calling one another idiots due to our/their experiences is quite odd in my opinion.

By the the way, I think the 30-06 is better than the 270 in every game animal bigger than coyotes but the 270 is better for varmints.

;-)

Last edited by Bugger; 09/17/14.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally