Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Try to find Boddington's article about specific cartridges for each species of North American game. Ask me & he destroyed his stature with that lunacy. But then again, gun/hunting magazines are entertainment. They are not professional journals.

If Boddington did finally come around to recognize that the .270 Win is wholly capable of killig elk, what took him so long to recognize the obvious?

I find this hilarious. Mule Deer is one of the most respected gun writers anywhere, and you're arguing with him about gun writers.

Well done!

smokepole,

I think that you're and always have been attention deprived.

I don't care whom writes anything. I've worked in a fact-based career for nigh on 20 years before I took up certificated high school teaching. I am damned proficient at assessing factual information. I don't care who posts it. And that includes especially you.

I have no clue of who mule deer is, but if he's staking his reputation on defending the absurd, it might be a wise idea were he to reassess and then proceed.

Let me write this again: Boddington made himself look amateurish when he wrote that there was one ideal cartridge for each specific species of big game. Either he had done run out of writing info or some other nebulous notion overtook him.

Here's another wise idea, do not defend the indefensible lest you risk your reputation. When you're wrong, own up to it, amend your belief to conform with facts, and move forward. Least that's how it works in fact-based professions, writing entertainment not being fact-based.

Jus' sayin'...

Last edited by SansSouci; 09/23/14.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***