Gee's this was really I don't know what to say other that, there really is not a wit difference in the field with any of the cartridge/ bullet combinations mentioned, on the computer maybe but that is about it, ok I shoot a 7mm RM as my go to rifle these days, not so much because of the cartridge but more because I like the particular rifle, tastes and style has a lot to do with it. As for the Gun Writing thing, well that is a hard nut, Modern Small Bore Hi Velocity Smokeless Powder shooting has only been around for a 126 years or so, not much has changed over that period of time other that bullets sights powder has gotten some what better, what do you write when its be said countless times before over the years and with more people writing about it and being published than ever! It seems to me that a fellow like Mule Deer aka John B, who makes a full time living doing it is a rare exception rather than the rule. On top of being able to write well, to keep turning out stuff we loons will run to the local magazine rack to buy what ever to just read his latest take on things. As for HS teachers, well most of the ones I came in contact with while in HS and after I have long left stuck me as being for the most part to stupid to do anything else, and could not be trusted to pump the proper grade of fuel in my car, let alone the aircraft I fly!

Last edited by gmsemel; 09/24/14.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov