Originally Posted by SansSouci
I've worked in a fact-based career for nigh on 20 years before I took up certificated high school teaching. I am damned proficient at assessing factual information.

A certificated HS teacher? Damn, that is impressive. Having gone through high school, I'm familiar with HS teachers, they're all geniuses.

I have no clue of who mule deer is......

Could've stopped after "no clue."

Least that's how it works in fact-based professions, writing entertainment not being fact-based.

Jus' sayin'...

You have no clue, period. And I'm not "just sayin."

If you think Mule Deer doesn't deal in fact-based writing, that's just showing your ignorance. If you're going to comment on something, try commenting on something you have knowledge of. The reason he's one of the most respected gun writers is, he does his own objective testing of all kinds of equipment, reloading methods, etc. and reports on his methods and results. His work is about as fact-based and objective as you can get.

His writing is entertaining, but it's also fact-based. He knows the gun-writing industry, and set you straight on Boddington. He could do that because he's current on the information. Obviously you're not. Just admit it, and move on.

A wise man is frequently humbled.