Mule Deer,

I was not in an "uproar". For some reason, smoke pole has taken to attempting to bullying me. He does instigate a lot of acrimony. Remember that I wrote that even entertaining the thought that there is a single best cartridge for every species of big game approaches the...

With that out of the way, I do agree with what you posted. Scientifically testing anything to do with firearms is darn near impossible because it'd be more than arduous to control variables and confounding factors. For instance, how would a researcher assure identical bullet alloy from lot-to-lot?

Shooting into media is anecdotal, not scientific. However, useful info can be gleaned from such endeavors.

Gun & hunting magazines attempt to convey the perspective of knowledge when they are in fact entertainment. I'm good with that. After all, I am a laissez faire capitalist. Gun magazines tend to become ridiculous when they attempt to become definitive; e.g., man stopper, the best cartridge for, the best gun for home defense, etc.

Hell, I could live the rest of my hunting days with a ,280 Rem and never look back.

As for smoke pole, he ought to change his moniker to smokin' bowls because it's apparent that he's spending too much time in Colorado's dope shops. I have sent his a PM about asking him what his problem is. Instead of manning up, he's taken to hitting and running. If he has a thesis that he can cogently defend, he ought to get busy on it. If he has a problem with me, he ought to disclose it rather than going at it as a pus$y.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***