Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Originally Posted by Mac284338
You'll wound less game and have more fun in the process.

Mike

NRALife

I was following everything you said until the last sentence. I call bs since it's pretty ridiculous. It may be true for you, but not for many others here. I get along just fine with a good magnum. On the bench, in field positions and on game. The last sentence in your post is like spreading schit over a good cake.

Yep. I love my 270 winnys, but I shoot a magnum without issue, and shoot them often. They do work better at less-than-perfect angles on big, heavy stuff.

I am really starting to like the 270 win as well. However, I've always had a magnum of some sort: 300 wby, 300 win, 338 win, 375 H&H etc... I get a kick out of shooting them and am utterly bored with the small stuff. Once again, for some of these guys to suggest you'll make a poor shot with a magnum and make a good shot with a small caliber rifle on game is just ludicrous. You put the crosshair on the vitals and pull the trigger. Same same regardless of what caliber of rifle you are shooting. A bullet in the guts with any pill is not good as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to hold it against anyone that can't handle a magnum caliber, but don't tell me I'm going to miss what I'm aiming at just because I pack one... wink Not directed at you 1deernut, but the sansucki types....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA