Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Originally Posted by Mac284338
You'll wound less game and have more fun in the process.

Mike

NRALife

I was following everything you said until the last sentence. I call bs since it's pretty ridiculous. It may be true for you, but not for many others here. I get along just fine with a good magnum. On the bench, in field positions and on game. The last sentence in your post is like spreading schit over a good cake.

Yep. I love my 270 winnys, but I shoot a magnum without issue, and shoot them often. They do work better at less-than-perfect angles on big, heavy stuff.

I am really starting to like the 270 win as well. However, I've always had a magnum of some sort: 300 wby, 300 win, 338 win, 375 H&H etc... I get a kick out of shooting them and am utterly bored with the small stuff. Once again, for some of these guys to suggest you'll make a poor shot with a magnum and make a good shot with a small caliber rifle on game is just ludicrous. You put the crosshair on the vitals and pull the trigger. Same same regardless of what caliber of rifle you are shooting. A bullet in the guts with any pill is not good as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to hold it against anyone that can't handle a magnum caliber, but don't tell me I'm going to miss what I'm aiming at just because I pack one... wink Not directed at you 1deernut, but the sansucki types....

BSA,
Understood and I agree wholeheartedly. I own more rifles than one man should, and I shoot them all regularly. I've used magnums extensively to kill everything from crows and prairie dogs to bears and about everything between. I shoot magnums as well as I shoot 22 rimfires. Funny, the 3 guys I do the bulk of my hunting and shooting with do as well. I guess we are SPECIAL! blush

Last edited by 1Deernut; 09/27/14.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson