Originally Posted by 4ager
Well, it's different, for one thing because the dead dude was aggressively non-compliant and resisting an otherwise lawful arrest and the cop was acting in accordance with his duty. If fat-azz didn't want to risk an ass-kicking and/or heart attack, complying with the arrest (he'd been through 31 prior, he knew the drill) would have been a good start. Resist, and you are going to risk some injury.

That's one, for starters.
I�m with you there, the guy was a POS. But we have a cop clearly acting OUTSIDE of his rules of engagement and a man lost his life; doesn�t that concern you?

If they sprayed him with pepper spray, or hit him with a night stick, I really wouldn�t have an issue. But an improper choke hold is just incredibly dumb, and EVERY cop knows better.

Hell I�ve had to transport people to the hospital in cuffs on the off chance that one of the officers may have grabbed him around the neck during a takedown. This isn�t some strange happening, it�s well established that choke holds kill people, that cop knew better.

The guy who died, he's no great loss to society, and I don't give a rats if he's black white or whatever; he was a POS. What I'm concerned about is a prosecutor and grand jury cover the arse of a copy who was clearly out of line...it's called a cover up. You and I do something like that, we're going to prison.