I watched the Garner video at least five times this morning.

The choke hold didn't kill him (directly) or cut off his air supply. It's a false narrative.

When the cop threw his arm around Garner's neck to take him down (not a choke hold) it took about seven seconds to get him on the ground. That's when the cop was able to get on top and wrap his arm around Garner's neck in a choke hold fashion. This only lasted for about ten seconds and then the cop got up and put his knee on Garner's head. That's when Garner first started uttering "I can't breeve". It's worth noting that Garner did not become unconsciousness at this point. He wasn't choked out or lost the supply of blood to his brains.

The entire time Garner was saying "I can't breeve" he wasn't in a choke hold, he was breathing, and consciousness. There was a cop that had his knee in Garner's chest that could have made breathing difficult but ...

What I think happened is Garner suffered a heart attack during the take down. One of the first symptoms of a heart attack is shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.