The I guess the 64,000 $ question is what builder is going to take one of these less expensive Lawton/stiller actions and turn out a traditional looking wood stock 585 safari type rifle for the same cost as the 505 available from builders like Montana.

Anytime you go custom, it is time and money and all whole pile of unknowns and decisions. For a 505, I can just order a CZ or Montana and I know what I got and I can sell it later because everyone knows what these are.

I really like some of the examples you have posted. No objectionable muzzle brakes. Real guns you can shoot with a guide or friend as backup without hearing loss. Honest shooting.

I remember biebs, from AR. he was one of the class guys. I got banned for criticizing the rebated rim and muzzle brakes on the 600ok. I believe a belted 585 is the sweet spot for max power in sporting magazine rifles. And some all-be-it limited versatility and a good choice of bullets. The 585, just nails it. It can go staggered magazine for 3 down in cz, just like the 505.

Last edited by fourbore; 10/29/15.