Thanks. I am rolling plastic hulls. I haven't got the tool for the brass cases, but I'm looking at the RMC brass you wrote about earlier with the modified radius in 3.5". I'll likely save those for the Encore and see what I can get with the Alliant Steel/Lightfield combo. I don't mind the extra cost of the Pro-Hunter, as long as it's a one-time deal. Just in reloading the slugs you can make up the cost over a few hundred shells (seeing the price they are asking nowadays). It's tougher, longer, better built, more comfortable and Stainless steel. And it doesn't need to be modified to shoot rifle primers, as it's already designed to. Also, with the faster twist I can shoot heavier and/or longer bullets more accurately. My first slugs were a saboted Barnes-X in a 3.5" plastic shell at 2200-2300. The problem was I used the .500 375 grain handgun bullet(B.C. of .269) that wouldn't stabilize in the 1:35 twist, that and everyone stopped making sabots for shotgun reloaders.

I called NEF and asked about maximum pressures, longer barrels and twist. They responded with "Only factory shells should be fired...wait you modified it to 3.5"...no warranty with handloads and you already violated it." No longer barrels can be had except smooth bore and they apparently changed they rifling style but not the twist. Hope that helps some.

-Extremist

P.S. Factory Lightfield shells easily get over 1900 fps in 28" Remington 870 pump with 1.5" extended rifled choke tube; 3-5" groups. Chrono broken:-(

-Anthony

"Pain is weakness leaving the body" -Instructor
"I hope you live forever..." -300
Victory in life is dying for what you were born to do