Originally Posted by kowalski
Bump for this awesome thread. Just spent the last couple of days browsing through the different comments.

My father gave me a 7600 30'06 when I was 15 years old, I still have the rifle in my safe. As a somewhat lanky 15 year old the unpadded walnut stock would crush my shoulder. Has anyone had success installing a custom butt pad?

Also, does everyone experience the same "automatic decocking" when shooting from a rest? (The rifle pumps itself through the recoil)

Is there anyway to tighten up the somewhat loose forend? The side to side movement kinda bugs.

Welcome to the Campfire Kowalski. I had a 1" Pachmayr Decellerator installed on my 7600 30-06 Carbine, any gunsmith can do it if you're not comfortable doing it your self.
As far as the "automatic decocking", I assume you're talking about the fact that it ejects the brass by itself when you fire it off a bench rest. I had the same issue and I overcame it by putting a soft sofa pillow between the front bag and the fore end and holding the fore end with my left hand. It also tightened up my groups.

Last edited by River_Ridge; 06/26/17.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.