I have a story, some ideas and PIX: grin
My daughter is wanting a 'bigger rifle' and asked about a "pump-action".
Initially I was tempted to add to the Remington collection with another 700 in .25-06, but I considered getting her a 7600...or even a 7400 or the new 750.
She's only 13 so it'll be 'my' gun for a few years, but her goal is to be a LEO someday and she'll get all the guns anyway!
You guys got me thinking again about the 7600.
I've got a 5-digit, first-year 740 and a Y2K 7400 Synthetic Carbine, both in .30-06, plus a few magazines for them.
It would be wise to get her a .30-06 since I have the parts and ammo. I'll take her out soon and see how she does with that cartridge...
I've taken my 7400 and put it into a couple of different configurations, a LOT OF FUN! It's now in a Bell&Carlson stock set with a Harris bipod mount on it. I took the sights off for now.
EGW makes a good Picatinny scope mount for it ( for the Marlin 336 and 1895, too ) which I plan to get soon.
I also have a Choate pistolgrip buttstock for the 870 that I filed down a bit to fit the 7400 action perfectly. It makes for a comfortable shooting grip, and should work equally well for the 7600.
My 7400 hasn't jammed yet, but I've read some of the posts on how to enhance the reliability of the 7600 and that should apply for my rifle also.
The factory magazines DO work the best. THANK YOU.
Here's a couple of old pix for fun. I was younger then...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Did I mention, I REALLY LIKE GUNS?"